"" Life A Bit Sweeter: Sunday Popcorn & A Movie....come hang with me!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Popcorn & A Movie....come hang with me!

Perhaps Sunday is your day to kick back, catch-up at home, or do something fun with the family.  Well, today, how about curling up with your laptop, some popcorn or other snack of your choice and watch this awesome documentary about Ethiopia entitled African Spirit:  The diversity of Ethiopia's Culture and Wildlife.  It's close to an hour long but you can come back and watch it in segments.  As I'm posting it, I'm into 43 minutes of it but it's bed time.....gotta be at work early in the morning - our first service starts at 8:30am and we don't wrap-up the last until 2pm.  So....I'll catch the rest tomorrow.  It was very intriguing and I have not always been the documentary type.

Kick back and relax....tell me what you liked or learned and because I enjoy food....tell me what you were snacking on when you watched.  For me it was homemade macaroni and cheese and some 'organic' lemonade (lol) that I picked up at Whole Foods.  Hopefully, tomorrow when I come back to finish watching it will be something healthy like watermelon and cantaloupe.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Kitty @ Four Toms and a Mom said...

Sweet, Michelle!

I taught a group of 20 middle schoolers (homeschooled) a few years ago in a current events class on the topic of Harvesting Water in Ethiopia. The kids took a nostalgic tour of the "We are the World" video and learned the words. Then studied how Ethiopia is so different now with their improved techniques of harvesting water. I'll be watching the progress towards your baby girl!

Michelle said...

very interesting Kitty! Thanks for sharing that. You know I still absolutely love stopping by your blog and gleaning a bit of wisdom from you. Just read about your sister's victory....love God for doing what for years seems so impossible.

Thanks so much for following our journey.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts