"" Life A Bit Sweeter: I'm Bringing Sexy Back.....

Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Bringing Sexy Back.....

Say what! Isn't this a blog about adoption???? You bet your baby booties it is!

This past year, as we prepared all of our documentation for the adoption of our daughter, things were crazy busy.  With that said, I was doing good to make sure I had on clean clothes with all of the early mornings, late nights, and running around to get paperwork completed.  Given the craziness of everything, this mama and wife put 'primping' on the backburner.  Okay...can I be fully honest?  Even before the adoption, 'bringing sexy to our marriage' has not always been my number one priority.  Yet, I really believe that it is important to continue romance, excitement, and even 'sexiness' in marriage. 

So, for those of us who are on this adoption journey together, let's not forget about our hubbies.  Although we take care of the needs of our families (meals, laundry, errands, etc.), try not to give a backseat to taking care of YOU and your hubby's desires.  But how in the world is a mama...an adoptin' mama....supposed to fit this all in with all of the other craziness????  Little by little.

So....here and there in a series of blog posts called 'Time Out for Mommy", I'll be sharing with you how I'm bringing my 'sexy' back in my marriage....***giggle*** I really believe the key to being 'sexy' for your mate is really about exuding self-confidence.  Sure a cute piece of lingerie and lips poppin' with gloss don't hurt either but self-confidence is at the top of the list. 

Along with exuding self-confidence, I like the idea of being just a bit more 'girly' but I'm really a no-fuss type of chick. In the past few years, I've grown to prefer flats over pumps and wash & wear over dryclean only.  Whether it's throwing on a little lip gloss, learning to do make-up, or stepping up my wardrobe game, I'd love for you to come along this journey with me in my "Time-Out for Mommy" blog posts.  There's even a 'class' that I've been intrigued about taking but if I do....I'll have to decide whether I blog about it.  (smile)  Watch out Justin Timberlake-------cuz----------I'm bringing sexy back!  LOL

What about you?  Is there anything you'd like to do differently or more of to spice up your marriage or make yourself feel a little more confident? 

7 comments:

The B Family said...

You are so much fun. And the fact that you even published this is evidence that you exude confidence! Great post, though--and timely too--on Valentines Day! Looking forward to the series! And please do share about this "class". . . you're referring to :)

Michelle said...

Thanks Mrs. B! I just might have to share... ;-)

Michelle said...

Thanks Mrs. B! I just might have to share... ;-)

jkseevers said...

You are awesome! Jeff and I were just talking the other night about how self confidence REALLY is key to attractiveness. So I'm walking with a little more 'tude these days. haha. Not that I needed any more attitude than I already have!

Probably one of the best books I've ever read is The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura. It is excellent!! I'm sure all of our husbands will be a little bit happier with this display of care for our relationship.

I love your honesty and boldness! Keep it coming!

Katie

Keep it coming;)

Christina said...

thank you for that word about confidence! I needed to be reminded of that!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I am taking this challenge! This weekend I will celebrate "SEXY SATURDAY"...please join me in going a little step further by putting on his favorite lace...silk...satin or whatever his favorite thing is, set up a table with candle light dinner IN THE BEDROOM, add some music, and tell him all of the sweet things that you've been meaning to tell him...and how about this: Put your make-up on before going to bed!

Michelle said...

Thanks Katie!!!

Ok Samantha! I'm in!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts