"" Life A Bit Sweeter: Referral Day!!!

Friday, March 1, 2013

Referral Day!!!

I can't believe that we finally get to share that we received our referral for a beautiful little girl this past Wednesday evening. It's taken me a while to post this because I've been so busy just trying to process everything.

What's next? We have more paperwork to complete and are waiting for an international pediatrician to review her medical records. Once this is done, we have to let our adoption agency know if we are accepting the referral.

There's so much more that must happen between now and bringing her home and I'll share those details soon. For now, the 'mother' in me wants to protect and nurture her. If I could be on a plane to Ethiopia today, I would...just to love on her. Since I can't, I am thankful that the God that I serve is a Father to the Fatherless and that He has kept and protected her more than I ever could.

5 comments:

Kendra said...

congratulations!!! can't wait to hear details!!! you have waited such a long time!!

Jennifer said...

Yay! Congratulations! A moment you'll never forget, that's for sure! I can't wait to hear (well, I guess read!) more details!

Laurie said...

Congratulations!!! So excited for you!!!

possessingthepromise said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations!

Angela Hunt said...

So excited to read this!! Congratulations!!! I still have my Ethiopia necklace that I bought from you back when we started our process in 2010! We are still waiting on a referral but are super close now! :)

Post a Comment

Popular Posts